- January 20th, 2015. In their last attempt to recapture to recently lost Donetsk Airport, the Ukrainian Army got captured by Somali Battalion led by Commander Givi. Motorola's Unit Sparta Battalion was also in the vicinity. In Mid-January were very serious battles for the old and new terminals of the Airport, where suspected mercenaries were also fighting alongside UAF, evident from NATO Weapon stockpiles found https://ufl.ae/videow/XE3HkBKPduw). The Ukrainian Armed Forces needed to take the Donetsk Airport back at any cost, thus started bombing and shelling the City itself. The people were angry from a earlier multiple artillery strikes on their city which killed civilians including children (at 20:50 on the left side is seen a freshly dead civilian on the street). The captured colonel was giving the coordinates of where to shell, which was Donetsk Central City District, instead of NAF positions, in hopes that NAF would retreat from the Airport to defend the Citizens of Donetsk, but instead the DPR ambushed the Artillery Positions and captured the Colonel. The conclusion of the battle for the Airport would later lead to the Battle of Debaltseve 2-3 weeks later, which was captured just hours before Minsk II Ceasefire was implemented (the ceasefire was a tactic by Poroshenko and the EU in hopes to freeze the Battle of Debatlseve and prevent it from returning to DPR & LPR Control).
Ukrainian Commanders leaving their units' to save their own asses seems to be a common act. A compilation of such situations will soon be translated and uploaded.
VIDEOS SHOWING THAT THESE POWs WERE TREATED FAIRLY (JUDGE FOR YOURSELVES [no subs]):
- 01/27/2015 - https://ufl.ae/videow/8ZAdh5H-O5a
RETURNED POWs TO THEIR MOTHER'S BY ZAKHARCHENKO! [Eng Subs]:
- 01/23/2015 - Soldier returned to his mother - https://ufl.ae/videow/yd-WKkVJoZQ
- 01/23/2015 - Another soldier returned to his mom - https://ufl.ae/videow/t50-dQg_jFe
DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW CAMERA [EXTRA SCENE'S]:
- [Eng Subs] 3 minute Video showing capture from different angle + Motorola - https://ufl.ae/videow/e7h6hrlBMV8
INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COLONEL:
The Colonel was released in June I believe (will re-check to clarify). He is considered a "Hero" of Ukraine, was awarded a medal by President Poroshenko for "Bravery & Courage in the face of captivity by an Aggressive Nation" even though Somali + Sparta Battalion's are consisted of Donetsk residents which has been proven, and I believe the Colonel now trains and instructs future Artillery Personnel based on information last heard of him.
The others were later exchanged in late February with the other 1,500 POWs taken captive in mid-February during the Debaltseve battle.
Graphic Content. Translated by FallenUSSoldiers. Re-Uploaded by U.W.A. for Archival purposes.
Please Subscribe for more fully translated videos by U.W.A. and others, and to help grow the archival database. Check out the channel for more Videos about the War in Donbass, News, Propaganda debunking, and more!
//////SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL ON PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/UkraineWarAwareness -OR-
//////SUPPORT THROUGH PAYPAL: https://ko-fi.com/ukrainewarawareness //////
DISCORD CHANNEL: https://www.discord.gg/WVyMFzh